Up to Congress to take decision on Telangana issue: Naidu
Karimnagar (AP): After facing protest by pro-Telangana supporters here, Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday said it is up to the ruling Congress in the state to take a stand on the issue.
"It is for the Congress party to take a decision on the separate statehood issue," he told reporters here.
The former Chief Minister`s comment comes ahead of the December 28 all-party meeting called by the Centre to discuss the Telangana issue.
Naidu was here as part of his `Padyatra` which he embarked upon on October 2 from Anantapur district.
When he reached Boorgupalli village under Gangadhara mandal, he was greeted by Telangana agitators, who wanted Naidu to clarify his stand on granting statehood to the region.
Tension prevailed as Telangana supporters and TDP workers gathered at the village pelted stones at each other, but the situation was brought under control by police.
When contacted, Gangadhara Sub-Inspector G Kishore said around two dozen persons were arrested in connection the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic