UPA Coordination panel likely to meet next week on Telangana
New Delhi: A meeting of UPA Coordination Committee has been called next week to discuss the vexed Telangana issue as Congress appears to have veered towards carving the new state out of Andhra Pradesh.
There has been speculation that the meeting could take place as early as even Monday but highly-placed sources said the date will be decided on Sunday.
A final call by Congress` top leadership on Telangana issue will be taken by the party`s Working Committee whose meeting could take place before the start of the monsoon session of Parliament on August 5.
Opposing any division of the state, Congress MPs from outside Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today while while a party MP from Telangana region said the government should go ahead with the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1