Uproar in AP Assembly, House adjourned six times
Hyderabad: There was uproar in Andhra Pradesh
Assembly on Saturday on the issue of price rise with Opposition TDP
constantly disrupting the proceedings, prompting the Speaker
to adjourn the House six times.
Earlier, the day`s proceedings began on a stormy note
with the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) strongly objecting
to the chief minister`s abrupt exit from the House last
"This was nothing but showing disrespect to the House. It
was unbecoming on the part of the Chief Minister to leave the
House when the Leader of Opposition was addressing. By this
the Chief Minister showed disrespect to the Speaker, as well
as, the House," MIM floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi said.
Other opposition parties joined chorus and demanded that
they should be allowed to express their views on the issue
before the chief minister came out with a clarification.
The Speaker adjourned the proceedings and invited floor
leaders of all parties for talks to resolve the issue. The
TDP, however, skipped the meeting with the Speaker.
After the House re-assembled, Rosaiah said he had taken
permission from the Speaker to leave the Assembly to attend
the Legislative Council for a reply to the discussion on
"I have no other intention, leave alone showing
disrespect to the House. It will be like disrespecting myself
if I disrespect the House. This misgiving was because of a
communication gap," he said.
Speaker N Kiran Kumar Reddy closed the issue saying the
chief minister had taken his permission to leave the House.
TDP and Left members, then, were on their feet demanding
a discussion on the price rise issue through an adjournment
TDP members stormed into the Well of the House forcing a
second adjournment of the day
The same scene was repeated after the House reassembled
even as Chief Minister Rosaiah moved a resolution recommending
that the Centre bring in a constitutional amendment providing
33.33 per cent reservation for backward classes, including
Muslims, in Lok Sabha and Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
The resolution was carried out amidst the Opposition din.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar had to adjourn the House
thrice as TDP legislators continued to disrupt the
Manohar, who was in the chair, in fact cautioned the TDP
members who stormed into the Well that it was against the
Assembly rules to carry any objects into the House.
With the TDP legislators unrelenting, the Deputy Speaker
finally adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi