Uproar in AP Assembly, House adjourned six times
Hyderabad: There was uproar in Andhra Pradesh
Assembly on Saturday on the issue of price rise with Opposition TDP
constantly disrupting the proceedings, prompting the Speaker
to adjourn the House six times.
Earlier, the day`s proceedings began on a stormy note
with the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) strongly objecting
to the chief minister`s abrupt exit from the House last
"This was nothing but showing disrespect to the House. It
was unbecoming on the part of the Chief Minister to leave the
House when the Leader of Opposition was addressing. By this
the Chief Minister showed disrespect to the Speaker, as well
as, the House," MIM floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi said.
Other opposition parties joined chorus and demanded that
they should be allowed to express their views on the issue
before the chief minister came out with a clarification.
The Speaker adjourned the proceedings and invited floor
leaders of all parties for talks to resolve the issue. The
TDP, however, skipped the meeting with the Speaker.
After the House re-assembled, Rosaiah said he had taken
permission from the Speaker to leave the Assembly to attend
the Legislative Council for a reply to the discussion on
"I have no other intention, leave alone showing
disrespect to the House. It will be like disrespecting myself
if I disrespect the House. This misgiving was because of a
communication gap," he said.
Speaker N Kiran Kumar Reddy closed the issue saying the
chief minister had taken his permission to leave the House.
TDP and Left members, then, were on their feet demanding
a discussion on the price rise issue through an adjournment
TDP members stormed into the Well of the House forcing a
second adjournment of the day
The same scene was repeated after the House reassembled
even as Chief Minister Rosaiah moved a resolution recommending
that the Centre bring in a constitutional amendment providing
33.33 per cent reservation for backward classes, including
Muslims, in Lok Sabha and Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
The resolution was carried out amidst the Opposition din.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar had to adjourn the House
thrice as TDP legislators continued to disrupt the
Manohar, who was in the chair, in fact cautioned the TDP
members who stormed into the Well that it was against the
Assembly rules to carry any objects into the House.
With the TDP legislators unrelenting, the Deputy Speaker
finally adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?