Upto Centre to resolve Telangana issue: TRS chief
New Delhi: TRS supremo K Chandrasekhar Rao
on Saturday threw the ball in Centre`s court on the creation of a
separate Telangana state and insisted that Hyderabad will be
the capital of the proposed state.
Rao ruled out sharing of Hyderabad as capital with
Andhra Pradesh like Chandigarh being shared by Haryana and
Punjab. "Chandigarh and Hyderabad can never be compared".
"Having made the announcement, it is upto them (the
Centre) to resolve the issue. I think, they are at it", Rao,
who is recuperating at his home after a 13-day fast protest,
told a news channel.
When asked specifically whether he would go back on the
Telangana issue in view of the evolving situation in the rest
of Andhra Pradesh, he said, "The question does not arise. An
arrow once leaves the bow cannot be brought back".
Profusely praising Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he
said that the whole burden of the people of Telangana was now
on her shoulders and "I am thankful to her...because of her
initiative and grace, today the dream has come true.”
Claiming that Gandhi loved him like her son, Rao said I
have a "lot of faith" in her and "fairly good person" Manmohan
Singh, who is at the helm of affairs.
"It is better for the leaders of Andhra Pradesh to
concede to the request of Sonia Gandhi", he said dubbing the
anti-Telangana agitation as an "artificial" one, "prompted,
funded and with wrong motives by vested interests".
These elements have investments in Hyderabad including
in benami lands, he alleged but added wise leaders of both
sides will find a solution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users