Urdu does not belong to any particular community: Katju
Hyderabad: Press Council of India Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Sunday said that Urdu belonged to all and not restricted to any particular community.
"A misconception has been created that Hindi and Urdu belonged to particular communities...Urdu belonged to all," Katju said.
He was speaking at a function organised by the Urdu Journalists Association here in his felicitation.
Katju also appealed to Andhra Pradesh government to look into the problems faced by small newspapers and Urdu publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials