Urdu does not belong to any particular community: Katju
Hyderabad: Press Council of India Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Sunday said that Urdu belonged to all and not restricted to any particular community.
"A misconception has been created that Hindi and Urdu belonged to particular communities...Urdu belonged to all," Katju said.
He was speaking at a function organised by the Urdu Journalists Association here in his felicitation.
Katju also appealed to Andhra Pradesh government to look into the problems faced by small newspapers and Urdu publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings