Urdu does not belong to any particular community: Katju
Hyderabad: Press Council of India Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Sunday said that Urdu belonged to all and not restricted to any particular community.
"A misconception has been created that Hindi and Urdu belonged to particular communities...Urdu belonged to all," Katju said.
He was speaking at a function organised by the Urdu Journalists Association here in his felicitation.
Katju also appealed to Andhra Pradesh government to look into the problems faced by small newspapers and Urdu publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'