Urdu does not belong to any particular community: Katju
Hyderabad: Press Council of India Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Sunday said that Urdu belonged to all and not restricted to any particular community.
"A misconception has been created that Hindi and Urdu belonged to particular communities...Urdu belonged to all," Katju said.
He was speaking at a function organised by the Urdu Journalists Association here in his felicitation.
Katju also appealed to Andhra Pradesh government to look into the problems faced by small newspapers and Urdu publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?