Urdu does not belong to any particular community: Katju
Hyderabad: Press Council of India Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Sunday said that Urdu belonged to all and not restricted to any particular community.
"A misconception has been created that Hindi and Urdu belonged to particular communities...Urdu belonged to all," Katju said.
He was speaking at a function organised by the Urdu Journalists Association here in his felicitation.
Katju also appealed to Andhra Pradesh government to look into the problems faced by small newspapers and Urdu publications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88