US to help Andhra Pradesh in stepping up financial, infra growth
Hyderabad: The US has agreed to extend its support by sharing knowledge and introducing global practices to help Andhra Pradesh accelerate financial and infrastructural growth.
US Assistant Secretary for Trade Promotion Arun Kumar today met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and held talks on the possibilities for mutual co-operation and trade.
A key member of the Obama administration, Kumar has agreed in principle to a collaborative partnership between the US Commerce Department and the Government of Andhra Pradesh, an Andhra Pradesh government release issued here today said.
It was agreed that the the US government would extend its support by way of knowledge sharing and introduction of global perspective as well as practices that would accelerate Andhra Pradesh`s financial and infrastructural growth, it added.
A Joint Working Group would be constituted comprising members from the US Commerce Department and the Government of Andhra Pradesh, the release said.
The Group would monitor ongoing projects and exchange views on regional and bilateral issues, including co-operation and assistance on key trade and investment opportunities, business development and industrial cooperation, the release said.
The partnership would go a long way in creating an effective framework that enables exchange of development critical information and resources leading to a strong infrastructure and prosperity for Andhra Pradesh, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened