US, UK issue travel advisory for Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: The US and UK have issued
travel alerts asking their citizens to defer non-essential
travel to Andhra Pradesh in wake of the violent incidents
taking place in the state over Telangana statehood issue.
"The (State) Department recommends that US citizens
defer all non-essential travel to Telangana and certain parts
of Hyderabad (especially the Assembly and Secretariat, Osmania
University, Panjagutta, and Ameerpet areas)," the US said in
its travel advisory.
In its advisory, the UK Foreign Office said "the
tension in the state of Andhra Pradesh, led by some groups for
and against the formation of a separate state of Telangana,
has provoked some incidents of violence.
"It is likely that the situation in some parts of AP
will remain tense in the period ahead. Visitors to Hyderabad
and the state of AP are advised to avoid crowded areas and
public places, to check transport arrangements with their
airline or hotel if arriving or departing from AP and to
monitor the situation through the local media."
The US advisory said American citizens, resident
or traveling in Andhra Pradesh during this period, are
reminded to maintain a high level of security awareness at all
times and avoid political rallies, demonstrations and large
crowds of any kind and should monitor the situation via media
sources, including TV and radio, and via the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi