Use ballot to realise separate Telangana state: TRS chief
Karimnagar: Buoyed by the arrival of a trio of leaders who left Congress to join his Telangana Rashtra Samithi, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday said that a good showing in elections would help them realise their separate statehood goal.
"We have to use the ballot for achieving a separate state (of Telangana)," Rao said at a party meet in Manthani, about 70-km from here. Assembly Elections in Andhra Pradesh are due next year.
K Keshava Rao, Manda Jagannatham and G Vivek, the three former Congress leaders who earlier this week joined TRS, were present on the occasion.
Training his guns on Congress, Rao said that at the state-level in Andhra Pradesh, the party was largely dominated by leaders from the Andhra region who try to dominate over the Telangana people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?