Use of technology by anti-socials causing greater loss: Shinde
Hyderabad: With terror groups and Naxals adopting technology to carry out gruesome and lethal attacks, there was an increased responsibility on the part of CISF to thwart any such attempts, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said here on Friday.
"Advanced technologies are being adopted by terror groups and Naxals causing greater loss to human lives and property in their efforts to make their attacks more gruesome and lethal. Being a tech-savvy force, the Government of India expects CISF to be at the forefront in thwarting any such attempts by such elements," Shinde said.
He was speaking after reviewing the combined passing out parade of Assistant Commandants and Sub-Inspectors at the National Industrial Security Academy, the premier training institution of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), on the city outskirts.
Shinde said over the years the scope and impact of extremist attacks had also gone through radical changes. The scene of operations have shifted from rural and jungle areas to highly populated centres and high-profile targets like historical monuments, critical infrastructure and public transportation.
CISF being responsible for safety of all important power plants, oil refineries, ports and metros is acting as a catalyst to further the economic growth and the personnel will have to be trained to face any such eventuality and probable attacks, he pointed out.
"Nation expects CISF to be unwavering, dedicated and very successful in their duties while protecting the strategic, economic and other assets of our country," he added.
Shinde said the country was facing many internal security challenges, especially in the areas where development is lagging and to bring about a positive change in these areas ambience of security is to be established and that is where CISF steps in, to provide security and protection to industries operating in such challenging areas and environments.
As many as 453 trainees passed out from NISA today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi