Use of technology by anti-socials causing greater loss: Shinde
Hyderabad: With terror groups and Naxals adopting technology to carry out gruesome and lethal attacks, there was an increased responsibility on the part of CISF to thwart any such attempts, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said here on Friday.
"Advanced technologies are being adopted by terror groups and Naxals causing greater loss to human lives and property in their efforts to make their attacks more gruesome and lethal. Being a tech-savvy force, the Government of India expects CISF to be at the forefront in thwarting any such attempts by such elements," Shinde said.
He was speaking after reviewing the combined passing out parade of Assistant Commandants and Sub-Inspectors at the National Industrial Security Academy, the premier training institution of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), on the city outskirts.
Shinde said over the years the scope and impact of extremist attacks had also gone through radical changes. The scene of operations have shifted from rural and jungle areas to highly populated centres and high-profile targets like historical monuments, critical infrastructure and public transportation.
CISF being responsible for safety of all important power plants, oil refineries, ports and metros is acting as a catalyst to further the economic growth and the personnel will have to be trained to face any such eventuality and probable attacks, he pointed out.
"Nation expects CISF to be unwavering, dedicated and very successful in their duties while protecting the strategic, economic and other assets of our country," he added.
Shinde said the country was facing many internal security challenges, especially in the areas where development is lagging and to bring about a positive change in these areas ambience of security is to be established and that is where CISF steps in, to provide security and protection to industries operating in such challenging areas and environments.
As many as 453 trainees passed out from NISA today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?