Vardhan meets Naidu, demands land for setting up AIIMS in AP
New Delhi: Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday said the ministry of health has agreed to establish an AIIMS type institution in residual Andhra Pradesh as assured in the AP Reorganisation Act.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today called on Naidu and demanded land measuring about two hundred acres at an appropriate place to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan called on Naidu today to convey that his ministry has agreed to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh for which, land measuring about two hundred acres was required at an appropriate place, a press release issued by Naidu`s office here said.
Naidu informed Vardhan that he has already requested the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh to immediately identify and allot two hundred acres of land for the purpose, it said.
In a related development, the committee on recommending a new capital city for residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, headed by former Union Urban Development Secretary Sivaramakrishnan, also called on Naidu today.
The committee made a presentation to the Urban Development Minister, another release said.
On the other hand, British High Commissioner to India James Bevan called on Naidu and discussed various issues of mutual interests and cooperation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam