Vardhan meets Naidu, demands land for setting up AIIMS in AP
New Delhi: Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday said the ministry of health has agreed to establish an AIIMS type institution in residual Andhra Pradesh as assured in the AP Reorganisation Act.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today called on Naidu and demanded land measuring about two hundred acres at an appropriate place to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan called on Naidu today to convey that his ministry has agreed to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh for which, land measuring about two hundred acres was required at an appropriate place, a press release issued by Naidu`s office here said.
Naidu informed Vardhan that he has already requested the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh to immediately identify and allot two hundred acres of land for the purpose, it said.
In a related development, the committee on recommending a new capital city for residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, headed by former Union Urban Development Secretary Sivaramakrishnan, also called on Naidu today.
The committee made a presentation to the Urban Development Minister, another release said.
On the other hand, British High Commissioner to India James Bevan called on Naidu and discussed various issues of mutual interests and cooperation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what