Vardhan meets Naidu, demands land for setting up AIIMS in AP
New Delhi: Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday said the ministry of health has agreed to establish an AIIMS type institution in residual Andhra Pradesh as assured in the AP Reorganisation Act.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today called on Naidu and demanded land measuring about two hundred acres at an appropriate place to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan called on Naidu today to convey that his ministry has agreed to set up an AIIMS in residual state of Andhra Pradesh for which, land measuring about two hundred acres was required at an appropriate place, a press release issued by Naidu`s office here said.
Naidu informed Vardhan that he has already requested the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh to immediately identify and allot two hundred acres of land for the purpose, it said.
In a related development, the committee on recommending a new capital city for residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, headed by former Union Urban Development Secretary Sivaramakrishnan, also called on Naidu today.
The committee made a presentation to the Urban Development Minister, another release said.
On the other hand, British High Commissioner to India James Bevan called on Naidu and discussed various issues of mutual interests and cooperation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’