Vehicle in Andhra Governor`s convoy overturns
Hyderabad: One policeman was killed and five others were injured Thursday evening when a vehicle in the convoy of Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan overturned on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Narasimhan and his wife, who were going to Chilkur Balaji temple, escaped unhurt, police said.
The accident took place when one of the vehicles behind the Governor`s car overturned near Andhra Pradesh Police Academy.
Head constable Anand, who was driving the vehicle, died on the spot while five others were injured. The condition of two police constables is stated to be critical.
Police suspect the driver lost control of the vehicle due to rains.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan assured all assistance to the families of the deceased and the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch