Veteran freedom fighter VP Murthy Raju no more
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former Andhra Pradesh minister Ch VP Murthy Raju passed away in his native West Godavari district on Monday night.
He was 93.
Raju had been ill for long and his end came at around 7 PM at his native village Chinanindrakolanu in West Godavari district, his colleague and Sarvodaya leader C V Chary said.
Raju`s death is a loss to the state in general and the cause of Gandhism in particular, Chary added.
Raju had been MLA for six terms and served as a minister when late PV Narasimha Rao was Chief Minister.
He also set up scores of educational institutions during his lifetime.
Condoling the death of Raju, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy recalled the services rendered by him in various fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery