Veteran freedom fighter VP Murthy Raju no more
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former Andhra Pradesh minister Ch VP Murthy Raju passed away in his native West Godavari district on Monday night.
He was 93.
Raju had been ill for long and his end came at around 7 PM at his native village Chinanindrakolanu in West Godavari district, his colleague and Sarvodaya leader C V Chary said.
Raju`s death is a loss to the state in general and the cause of Gandhism in particular, Chary added.
Raju had been MLA for six terms and served as a minister when late PV Narasimha Rao was Chief Minister.
He also set up scores of educational institutions during his lifetime.
Condoling the death of Raju, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy recalled the services rendered by him in various fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?