Veteran freedom fighter VP Murthy Raju no more
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former Andhra Pradesh minister Ch VP Murthy Raju passed away in his native West Godavari district on Monday night.
He was 93.
Raju had been ill for long and his end came at around 7 PM at his native village Chinanindrakolanu in West Godavari district, his colleague and Sarvodaya leader C V Chary said.
Raju`s death is a loss to the state in general and the cause of Gandhism in particular, Chary added.
Raju had been MLA for six terms and served as a minister when late PV Narasimha Rao was Chief Minister.
He also set up scores of educational institutions during his lifetime.
Condoling the death of Raju, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy recalled the services rendered by him in various fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday