Veteran freedom fighter VP Murthy Raju no more
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former Andhra Pradesh minister Ch VP Murthy Raju passed away in his native West Godavari district on Monday night.
He was 93.
Raju had been ill for long and his end came at around 7 PM at his native village Chinanindrakolanu in West Godavari district, his colleague and Sarvodaya leader C V Chary said.
Raju`s death is a loss to the state in general and the cause of Gandhism in particular, Chary added.
Raju had been MLA for six terms and served as a minister when late PV Narasimha Rao was Chief Minister.
He also set up scores of educational institutions during his lifetime.
Condoling the death of Raju, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy recalled the services rendered by him in various fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them