Veteran trade union leader Srihari Rao dies
Vijayawada: Veteran Trade Union leader Srihari Rao passed away here on Tuesday morning. He was 79.
Srihari Rao was a strong follower of Ram Manohar Lohia in his college days and actively involved in the Student Socialist Movement. Later, he joined the Indian Railways as a clerk and became actively involved in trade union movement along with socialist leader George Fernandes.
He served as Divisional Secretary of the Mazdoor Union of Railways for about 33 days.
After the formation of South Central Railway, he became a founder member of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union.
S Charan, Divisional Secretary of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union and its members condoled the sudden demise of Srihari Rao in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown