Veteran trade union leader Srihari Rao dies
Vijayawada: Veteran Trade Union leader Srihari Rao passed away here on Tuesday morning. He was 79.
Srihari Rao was a strong follower of Ram Manohar Lohia in his college days and actively involved in the Student Socialist Movement. Later, he joined the Indian Railways as a clerk and became actively involved in trade union movement along with socialist leader George Fernandes.
He served as Divisional Secretary of the Mazdoor Union of Railways for about 33 days.
After the formation of South Central Railway, he became a founder member of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union.
S Charan, Divisional Secretary of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union and its members condoled the sudden demise of Srihari Rao in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?