Veteran trade union leader Srihari Rao dies
Vijayawada: Veteran Trade Union leader Srihari Rao passed away here on Tuesday morning. He was 79.
Srihari Rao was a strong follower of Ram Manohar Lohia in his college days and actively involved in the Student Socialist Movement. Later, he joined the Indian Railways as a clerk and became actively involved in trade union movement along with socialist leader George Fernandes.
He served as Divisional Secretary of the Mazdoor Union of Railways for about 33 days.
After the formation of South Central Railway, he became a founder member of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union.
S Charan, Divisional Secretary of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union and its members condoled the sudden demise of Srihari Rao in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH