Veteran trade union leader Srihari Rao dies
Vijayawada: Veteran Trade Union leader Srihari Rao passed away here on Tuesday morning. He was 79.
Srihari Rao was a strong follower of Ram Manohar Lohia in his college days and actively involved in the Student Socialist Movement. Later, he joined the Indian Railways as a clerk and became actively involved in trade union movement along with socialist leader George Fernandes.
He served as Divisional Secretary of the Mazdoor Union of Railways for about 33 days.
After the formation of South Central Railway, he became a founder member of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union.
S Charan, Divisional Secretary of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union and its members condoled the sudden demise of Srihari Rao in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!