Veteran trade union leader Srihari Rao dies
Vijayawada: Veteran Trade Union leader Srihari Rao passed away here on Tuesday morning. He was 79.
Srihari Rao was a strong follower of Ram Manohar Lohia in his college days and actively involved in the Student Socialist Movement. Later, he joined the Indian Railways as a clerk and became actively involved in trade union movement along with socialist leader George Fernandes.
He served as Divisional Secretary of the Mazdoor Union of Railways for about 33 days.
After the formation of South Central Railway, he became a founder member of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union.
S Charan, Divisional Secretary of the South Central Railway Mazdoor Union and its members condoled the sudden demise of Srihari Rao in a press release.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative