VHP protest stops Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week
Visakhapatnam: The final day of the Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week, 2013, here was stopped by the city police after the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) protested against the alleged use of Lord Ganesh`s images on "revealing" dresses.
VHP district secretary G Radhakrishna and its regional vice-president Thota Peda Venkateswara Rao lodged a complaint at the Three Town police station today against the display of images that allegedly hurt the religious sentiments of the community.
A case against the organisers under Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code for deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious beliefs was filed and the show being held at Park Hotel was stopped.
However, organisers said the same clothes were displayed at a fashion week held in New Delhi a few weeks ago, which concluded without any protests from groups.
Earlier, VHP leaders and activists and various women`s organisations staged a protest in front of the hotel demanding an apology from the organisers.
They claimed that such "semi-clad" shows would lead to further increase in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy