VHP protest stops Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week
Visakhapatnam: The final day of the Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week, 2013, here was stopped by the city police after the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) protested against the alleged use of Lord Ganesh`s images on "revealing" dresses.
VHP district secretary G Radhakrishna and its regional vice-president Thota Peda Venkateswara Rao lodged a complaint at the Three Town police station today against the display of images that allegedly hurt the religious sentiments of the community.
A case against the organisers under Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code for deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious beliefs was filed and the show being held at Park Hotel was stopped.
However, organisers said the same clothes were displayed at a fashion week held in New Delhi a few weeks ago, which concluded without any protests from groups.
Earlier, VHP leaders and activists and various women`s organisations staged a protest in front of the hotel demanding an apology from the organisers.
They claimed that such "semi-clad" shows would lead to further increase in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?