VHP protest stops Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week
Visakhapatnam: The final day of the Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week, 2013, here was stopped by the city police after the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) protested against the alleged use of Lord Ganesh`s images on "revealing" dresses.
VHP district secretary G Radhakrishna and its regional vice-president Thota Peda Venkateswara Rao lodged a complaint at the Three Town police station today against the display of images that allegedly hurt the religious sentiments of the community.
A case against the organisers under Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code for deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious beliefs was filed and the show being held at Park Hotel was stopped.
However, organisers said the same clothes were displayed at a fashion week held in New Delhi a few weeks ago, which concluded without any protests from groups.
Earlier, VHP leaders and activists and various women`s organisations staged a protest in front of the hotel demanding an apology from the organisers.
They claimed that such "semi-clad" shows would lead to further increase in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan