VHP protest stops Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week
Visakhapatnam: The final day of the Kingfisher Ultra Fashion Week, 2013, here was stopped by the city police after the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) protested against the alleged use of Lord Ganesh`s images on "revealing" dresses.
VHP district secretary G Radhakrishna and its regional vice-president Thota Peda Venkateswara Rao lodged a complaint at the Three Town police station today against the display of images that allegedly hurt the religious sentiments of the community.
A case against the organisers under Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code for deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious beliefs was filed and the show being held at Park Hotel was stopped.
However, organisers said the same clothes were displayed at a fashion week held in New Delhi a few weeks ago, which concluded without any protests from groups.
Earlier, VHP leaders and activists and various women`s organisations staged a protest in front of the hotel demanding an apology from the organisers.
They claimed that such "semi-clad" shows would lead to further increase in crime against women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India