Vijaya dares Cong to order inquiry into YSR`s rule
Hyderabad: YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya on Sunday dared the Congress to order an inquiry by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of her late husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Taking strong exception to the attack by both the TDP and the Congress on her late husband, an emotional Vijaya asked why the two were repeatedly targeting a person who`s no more.
"If there`s anything, let an inquiry be conducted by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of YSR," she said, taking part in a debate on the SC and ST sub-plans Bill in the state Assembly tonight.
Referring to the allegations made by TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy that YSR allotted Bayyaram iron ore mines to her daughter and son-in-law to the detriment of tribals, Vijaya sought an inquiry to bring out the truth.
She also refuted the allegation that the YSR family filled its own coffers (at the cost of the public).
"There is no truth in it," the YSRC floor leader in the House said.
Earlier in the day, during the debate on the Bill, critical references were made to YSR`s rule, particularly with regard to diversion of funds meant for SC and ST welfare.
YS Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister of Andhra Pradesh from 2004 to 2009. He died in a helicopter crash in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked