Vijaya dares Cong to order inquiry into YSR`s rule
Hyderabad: YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya on Sunday dared the Congress to order an inquiry by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of her late husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Taking strong exception to the attack by both the TDP and the Congress on her late husband, an emotional Vijaya asked why the two were repeatedly targeting a person who`s no more.
"If there`s anything, let an inquiry be conducted by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of YSR," she said, taking part in a debate on the SC and ST sub-plans Bill in the state Assembly tonight.
Referring to the allegations made by TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy that YSR allotted Bayyaram iron ore mines to her daughter and son-in-law to the detriment of tribals, Vijaya sought an inquiry to bring out the truth.
She also refuted the allegation that the YSR family filled its own coffers (at the cost of the public).
"There is no truth in it," the YSRC floor leader in the House said.
Earlier in the day, during the debate on the Bill, critical references were made to YSR`s rule, particularly with regard to diversion of funds meant for SC and ST welfare.
YS Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister of Andhra Pradesh from 2004 to 2009. He died in a helicopter crash in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway