Vikarabad explosion: Toll touches six
Hyderabad: Three more persons on Sunday succumbed to their injuries taking the toll in Friday`s explosion at a house in Ranga Reddy district`s Vikarabad town to six today.
One woman succumbed to burn injuries at a government hospital here.
Aged around 35 years, Taslima Begum, undergoing treatment at Gandhi Hospital died today, police said.
Two others, identified as Iliyas (9) and Amina Begum (aged around 21), were also among those who succumbed to their injuries in another hospital this morning.
"Ten others are still undergoing treatment at different hospitals in Hyderabad," Ranga Reddy District Superintendent of Police B Rajakumari told PTI.
The explosion occurred due to gas leakage from a domestic LPG cylinder on Friday night in a housing complex in Vikarabad town, claiming the lives of two people, identified as Vasantha (aged about 40) and Karthik (4).
Another boy, identified as Sai Charan (6), succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment yesterday.
Three houses were also damaged in the explosion and a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster