Vikarabad explosion: Toll touches six
Hyderabad: Three more persons on Sunday succumbed to their injuries taking the toll in Friday`s explosion at a house in Ranga Reddy district`s Vikarabad town to six today.
One woman succumbed to burn injuries at a government hospital here.
Aged around 35 years, Taslima Begum, undergoing treatment at Gandhi Hospital died today, police said.
Two others, identified as Iliyas (9) and Amina Begum (aged around 21), were also among those who succumbed to their injuries in another hospital this morning.
"Ten others are still undergoing treatment at different hospitals in Hyderabad," Ranga Reddy District Superintendent of Police B Rajakumari told PTI.
The explosion occurred due to gas leakage from a domestic LPG cylinder on Friday night in a housing complex in Vikarabad town, claiming the lives of two people, identified as Vasantha (aged about 40) and Karthik (4).
Another boy, identified as Sai Charan (6), succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment yesterday.
Three houses were also damaged in the explosion and a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city