Village-head burnt alive in Andhra Pradesh
Nizamabad (AP): A village-head belonging to
the Telugu Desam Party was allegedly burnt alive by
unidentified persons at his residence in Jalalpur village,
police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place late last night and badly charred
body of Darma Prasad Rao alias Mahinder Reddy was found today,
The miscreants threw some inflammable substance on the
house where Reddy was sleeping and set it afire, police
said, adding other family members of the victim were not
present in the house at the time of the incident.
Police suspect a recent tiff between Rao and some village
youth over gambling at public place may have led to the tragic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi