Village-head burnt alive in Andhra Pradesh
Nizamabad (AP): A village-head belonging to
the Telugu Desam Party was allegedly burnt alive by
unidentified persons at his residence in Jalalpur village,
police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place late last night and badly charred
body of Darma Prasad Rao alias Mahinder Reddy was found today,
The miscreants threw some inflammable substance on the
house where Reddy was sleeping and set it afire, police
said, adding other family members of the victim were not
present in the house at the time of the incident.
Police suspect a recent tiff between Rao and some village
youth over gambling at public place may have led to the tragic
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife