Viqar, associates remanded in seven day police custody
Hyderabad: Alleged terror operative and
founder of militant outfit Tahreek Galba-e-Islam (TGI),
Viqaruddin Ahmed and his five aides were sent in seven days
police custody by a local court here today.
`OCTOPUS`, the counter terrorism wing of Andhra Pradesh
police, probing the role of Viqar and his associates in
alleged terror acts, had sought their police custody for a
period of 10 days. However, the court permitted only seven
days, official sources said.
The twenty-nine-year-old Viqar, who was elusive since
December 2008, after attacking police personnel here in which
two policemen were killed and as many injured, was arrested
along with five others last month.
According to police, Viqar is also responsible for
killing a police constable in Ahmedabad in 2007.
The investigators intend to ascertain through
interrogation as to how the conspiracy was hatched.
The police also want to know the source of firearms,
weapons and logistic support the accused got in carrying out
their activities. Viqar and Syed Amjad Ali, one of his
associates, will also be taken to Ahmedabad for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly