Viqar wanted to kill Sangh leaders to avenge Mecca Masjid: Police
Hyderabad: Arrested terror suspect
Viqaruddin Ahmed allegedly wanted to eliminate Sangh Parivar
leaders and more policemen, accusing the Sangh leaders of
being responsible for 2007 Mecca Masjid blast here and to
avenge the killing of Muslims in police firing after the
blasts, according to investigators.
Twenty-nine year old Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar, who had
remained elusive after attacking police personnel, in which
two policeman were killed in Hyderabad city in December 2008
was arrested along with five of his associates from a location
here on Wednesday.
Viqar was particularly angry over the incident that had
unfolded soon after the Mecca Masjid blast on May 18, 2007,
when the police opened fire on a mob, resulting in the death
of five Muslims, a senior police officer said.
Nine persons lost their lives in the blast.
"I decided to take revenge against police personnel and
to eliminate Sangh Parivar because I felt Sangh Parivar was
responsible for the blast in Mecca Masjid," Viqar reportedly
"Viqar treated the Sangh Parivar as the prime enemy.
Besides, he wanted to kill more policemen as part of his
further plans," the police officer told agency.
The police officer further said Dr Mohammed Haneef, a
native of Ahmedabad who later shifted to Hyderabad and became
an active member of Tehreek-Gaiba-e-Islam (TGI) and was
arrested along with Viqar, had aided Viqar in his activities
besides sheltering him in Hyderabad as well as in Ahmedabad.
Investigators found that Haneef, who claimed to be a
doctor, was actually a quack and allegedly obtained his BAMS
degree through fake certificates from Ahmedabad and practised
as a physician in Musheerabad here, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation