Vizag HPCL fire: Toll rises to 26
Visakhapatnam: With one more victim succumbing to burn injuries at a hospital here today, the death toll in last month`s fire at the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd`s (HPCL) complex here rose to 26.
28-year-old K Ramana, who was undergoing treatment, died today, a statement issued by the HPCL said.
A massive blaze had broken out on August 23 at the HPCL complex here when staffers from private companies were at work.
Of the 26 persons killed in the mishap so far, only one was an employee of the HPCL while the rest were private workers engaged by contract companies.
One of the seven patients undergoing treatment at the National Burns Centre in Mumbai is stated to be in a critical condition, company sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'