Vizag HPCL fire: Toll rises to 26
Visakhapatnam: With one more victim succumbing to burn injuries at a hospital here today, the death toll in last month`s fire at the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd`s (HPCL) complex here rose to 26.
28-year-old K Ramana, who was undergoing treatment, died today, a statement issued by the HPCL said.
A massive blaze had broken out on August 23 at the HPCL complex here when staffers from private companies were at work.
Of the 26 persons killed in the mishap so far, only one was an employee of the HPCL while the rest were private workers engaged by contract companies.
One of the seven patients undergoing treatment at the National Burns Centre in Mumbai is stated to be in a critical condition, company sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack