Vizag HPCL fire: Toll rises to 26
Visakhapatnam: With one more victim succumbing to burn injuries at a hospital here today, the death toll in last month`s fire at the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd`s (HPCL) complex here rose to 26.
28-year-old K Ramana, who was undergoing treatment, died today, a statement issued by the HPCL said.
A massive blaze had broken out on August 23 at the HPCL complex here when staffers from private companies were at work.
Of the 26 persons killed in the mishap so far, only one was an employee of the HPCL while the rest were private workers engaged by contract companies.
One of the seven patients undergoing treatment at the National Burns Centre in Mumbai is stated to be in a critical condition, company sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman