Vizag HPCL fire: Toll rises to 26
Visakhapatnam: With one more victim succumbing to burn injuries at a hospital here today, the death toll in last month`s fire at the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd`s (HPCL) complex here rose to 26.
28-year-old K Ramana, who was undergoing treatment, died today, a statement issued by the HPCL said.
A massive blaze had broken out on August 23 at the HPCL complex here when staffers from private companies were at work.
Of the 26 persons killed in the mishap so far, only one was an employee of the HPCL while the rest were private workers engaged by contract companies.
One of the seven patients undergoing treatment at the National Burns Centre in Mumbai is stated to be in a critical condition, company sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir