Vizag steel plant blast toll rises to 12
Visakhapatnam: With a senior officer succumbing to injuries, the death toll in Wednesday`s explosion at the state-owned plant of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) here rose to 12 today.
K Srinivas, Senior Manager of SMS Department, passed away this morning at the hospital, company sources said.
The explosion had occurred at the `oxygen control unit` near the Steel Melting Shop-II at the plant on Wednesday night.
Some senior members of the managerial staff, alongwith workers, were among the victims.The deceased include Deputy General Manager (Construction) L Srihari and Deputy General Manager (instrumentation) P V Karunakar.
General Manager (Projects) D S Kalsi and Assistant General Manager (SMS) M B R S Sarma, who were critically injured, have been shifted to Mumbai. A total of seven people are still undergoing treatment.
Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma had yesterday ordered an high-level inquiry into the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III