Vizag TDP leader quits
Visakhapatnam: Senior TDP leader and politburo member Chintakayala Ayyannapathrudu on Saturday resigned from the party accusing it of violating fundamental guidelines in suspension of a district leader.
"While a person was facing allegations, it was the duty of the party to issue a show cause notice and initiate action only if it is not satisfied with the explanation. But, in the case of Peela Srinivas the party suspended him without consulting the politburo member from the district. I decided to quit the position the party offered along with the active membership. I would like to continue as a volunteer hereafter," Ayyannapathrudu told reporters tonight.
He was referring to suspension of Peela Srinivas Rao today following a clash between his supporters and those of senior leader Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy on Friday in connection with NTR`s death anniversary.
Rao was recently made organisational secretary while Vasupalli Ganesh Kumar as urban president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note