Vizag TDP leader quits
Visakhapatnam: Senior TDP leader and politburo member Chintakayala Ayyannapathrudu on Saturday resigned from the party accusing it of violating fundamental guidelines in suspension of a district leader.
"While a person was facing allegations, it was the duty of the party to issue a show cause notice and initiate action only if it is not satisfied with the explanation. But, in the case of Peela Srinivas the party suspended him without consulting the politburo member from the district. I decided to quit the position the party offered along with the active membership. I would like to continue as a volunteer hereafter," Ayyannapathrudu told reporters tonight.
He was referring to suspension of Peela Srinivas Rao today following a clash between his supporters and those of senior leader Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy on Friday in connection with NTR`s death anniversary.
Rao was recently made organisational secretary while Vasupalli Ganesh Kumar as urban president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!