Vizianagram firecracker mishap: Toll rises to 5
Hyderabad: The death toll in the firecrackers explosion in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh today rose to five with recovery of two more bodies even as police arrested a woman who was "illegally" running the cracker unit.
"While clearing the debris near the firecracker explosion area in Paradi village, bodies of a 60-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy were recovered today," a senior police officer, supervising the rescue efforts, said.
Three persons, including two women, were killed and 15 others sustained injuries yesterday, when firecrackers stored in a house in Paradi village of Bobbili mandal accidentally exploded while they were being transported.
The explosion had also resulted in collapse of roofs of nearby houses, even as the rescue work was hampered due to rains last night.
Meanwhile, police arrested one P Satyamma on charge of illegally manufacturing the firecrackers that were stored in the thatched house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player