Vizianagram firecracker mishap: Toll rises to 5
Hyderabad: The death toll in the firecrackers explosion in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh today rose to five with recovery of two more bodies even as police arrested a woman who was "illegally" running the cracker unit.
"While clearing the debris near the firecracker explosion area in Paradi village, bodies of a 60-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy were recovered today," a senior police officer, supervising the rescue efforts, said.
Three persons, including two women, were killed and 15 others sustained injuries yesterday, when firecrackers stored in a house in Paradi village of Bobbili mandal accidentally exploded while they were being transported.
The explosion had also resulted in collapse of roofs of nearby houses, even as the rescue work was hampered due to rains last night.
Meanwhile, police arrested one P Satyamma on charge of illegally manufacturing the firecrackers that were stored in the thatched house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)