Vizianagram firecracker mishap: Toll rises to 5
Hyderabad: The death toll in the firecrackers explosion in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh today rose to five with recovery of two more bodies even as police arrested a woman who was "illegally" running the cracker unit.
"While clearing the debris near the firecracker explosion area in Paradi village, bodies of a 60-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy were recovered today," a senior police officer, supervising the rescue efforts, said.
Three persons, including two women, were killed and 15 others sustained injuries yesterday, when firecrackers stored in a house in Paradi village of Bobbili mandal accidentally exploded while they were being transported.
The explosion had also resulted in collapse of roofs of nearby houses, even as the rescue work was hampered due to rains last night.
Meanwhile, police arrested one P Satyamma on charge of illegally manufacturing the firecrackers that were stored in the thatched house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days