Vizianagram firecracker mishap: Toll rises to 5
Hyderabad: The death toll in the firecrackers explosion in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh today rose to five with recovery of two more bodies even as police arrested a woman who was "illegally" running the cracker unit.
"While clearing the debris near the firecracker explosion area in Paradi village, bodies of a 60-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy were recovered today," a senior police officer, supervising the rescue efforts, said.
Three persons, including two women, were killed and 15 others sustained injuries yesterday, when firecrackers stored in a house in Paradi village of Bobbili mandal accidentally exploded while they were being transported.
The explosion had also resulted in collapse of roofs of nearby houses, even as the rescue work was hampered due to rains last night.
Meanwhile, police arrested one P Satyamma on charge of illegally manufacturing the firecrackers that were stored in the thatched house.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know