Vote-bank politics more dangerous than terrorism: Venkaiah Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah
Naidu on Friday said that vote-bank politics in the country poses
a greater danger than terrorism and Naxalism.
"Some political parties are trying to keep Muslims out
of the mainstream by treating them as a minority community,"
He lashed out at Congress, saying even though the
Supreme Court does not allow reservations on the basis of
religion, "Congress and other parties are trying to cheat the
minority community in the name of reservations."
The former BJP President said his party favours
reservation on the basis of socio-economic status and not
"BJP never said that Muslims are a minority community.
They should get equal opportunities, on par with other
communities. BJP always thinks about the economic development
He was speaking after inaugurating BJP Minority
Morcha`s state executive committee meeting here.
"In the name of reservations, some neo-secular parties
are trying to divide the country, which might lead to another
partition. These parties have not done anything to improve the
living standards of the Muslims," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested