‘Waqf lands in AP being encroached upon’
Hyderabad: Alleging that large parts of the
waqf lands in Andhra Pradesh were encroached upon,Congress`s
Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao on Saturday demanded that a
survey be conducted to find out who possessed them.
"Large parts of waqf lands have been encroached upon. The
state government should conduct a survey... then we will come
to know in whose possession they are," he said, talking to
Some firms had constructed houses or commercial
establishments on the land allotted for the promotion of
information technology, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister