‘Waqf lands in AP being encroached upon’
Hyderabad: Alleging that large parts of the
waqf lands in Andhra Pradesh were encroached upon,Congress`s
Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao on Saturday demanded that a
survey be conducted to find out who possessed them.
"Large parts of waqf lands have been encroached upon. The
state government should conduct a survey... then we will come
to know in whose possession they are," he said, talking to
Some firms had constructed houses or commercial
establishments on the land allotted for the promotion of
information technology, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter