‘Waqf lands in AP being encroached upon’
Hyderabad: Alleging that large parts of the
waqf lands in Andhra Pradesh were encroached upon,Congress`s
Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao on Saturday demanded that a
survey be conducted to find out who possessed them.
"Large parts of waqf lands have been encroached upon. The
state government should conduct a survey... then we will come
to know in whose possession they are," he said, talking to
Some firms had constructed houses or commercial
establishments on the land allotted for the promotion of
information technology, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year