‘Waqf lands in AP being encroached upon’
Hyderabad: Alleging that large parts of the
waqf lands in Andhra Pradesh were encroached upon,Congress`s
Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao on Saturday demanded that a
survey be conducted to find out who possessed them.
"Large parts of waqf lands have been encroached upon. The
state government should conduct a survey... then we will come
to know in whose possession they are," he said, talking to
Some firms had constructed houses or commercial
establishments on the land allotted for the promotion of
information technology, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves