‘Waqf lands in AP being encroached upon’
Hyderabad: Alleging that large parts of the
waqf lands in Andhra Pradesh were encroached upon,Congress`s
Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao on Saturday demanded that a
survey be conducted to find out who possessed them.
"Large parts of waqf lands have been encroached upon. The
state government should conduct a survey... then we will come
to know in whose possession they are," he said, talking to
Some firms had constructed houses or commercial
establishments on the land allotted for the promotion of
information technology, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years