Way cleared for separate state: Telangana legislators
Hyderabad: Cutting across party lines, legislators from Telangana Thursday claimed that the completion of the debate on Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013 has cleared the way for formation of separate Telangana state.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and legislators of Congress party and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) said Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy`s resolution passed with a voice vote rejecting the bill would have no impact on formation of Telangana state.
They termed that completion of the debate on the bill sent by the President of India a moral victory of people of Telangana and claimed that their dream of separate state would come true in few days.
"The decks have been cleared for formation of Telangana state," claimed senior minister from Telangana, Ponnala Lakshamaiah. He said the resolution had no significance as the President had sought only the opinion of the house.
"The official resolution is a futile exercise. The speaker and the chief minister colluded to pass the resolution but it will not halt formation of Telangana state. The chief minister will have to take political sanyas (retirement) while people will teach a lesson to the speaker," said TRS leader K Tarakarama Rao.
The TRS legislator said the resolution was moved by Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for his `sadistic pleasure`. He exuded confidence that the Telangana bill would be tabled in the parliament during the second week of February.
"The speaker said almost all members have expressed their views. As far as we are concerned the purpose is served. The resolution will have no impact on the process," said TDP leader R Chandrasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US