We are for inclusive Telangana, asserts TRS
Hyderabad: Slamming attempts to scare people of Seemandhra residing here vis-?-vis their safety and security once the new state comes into being on June 2, TRS today asserted that the party is for an inclusive Telangana and would take care of the need of all sections of society.
TRS MLA K T Rama Rao, son of party President K Chandrasekhar Rao, noted that people from different regions, cultures and religions have been living in Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana, and surrounding areas for centuries and have become an integral part of this geography.
They have contributed to the growth and development of this region and are as much part of the community here as anybody else, Rama Rao maintained.
"Political opponents are making attempts to scare these segments of our population by spreading lies," he said in a statement here.
"This is being done for narrow political reasons and there is no substance or reality in what is being spread. On behalf of the Telangana Rastra Samithi, I would like to reassure all sections of society that we are working for an inclusive Telangana rather than an exclusive Telangana."
"All sections must derive confidence from the fact that even at the height of our movement (for statehood), no individual, family or institution was harmed or alienated. This has been the philosophy of the party and it will continue to be the driving force in the days to come," he said.
"We are looking forward for a Telangana that is growth-oriented, development-oriented, drives employment, education focused and takes care of the need of all sections of society.
"We will create an environment that respects the people of all regions, cultures and religions and this will facilitate our dream of making (Hyderabad) a global city," added the MLA, who is contesting from Sircilla Assembly segment in the April 30 polls.
Rama Rao sought vote from people for TRS in its "mission of building a new Telangana that each one of us living here and the country is proud of".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran
- Nitin Gadkari-led BJP delegation meets President Pranab Mukhrejee over Kerala violence