We`ll achieve Telangana state come what may: TRS
Hyderabad: Asserting that "no force on earth" could stop the Telangana movement, Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday said they would rest
only after achieving statehood for the region.
"No force on earth can stop our movement now. This time we will rest only after taking Telangana. There is no question of resting without taking Telangana state," he said.
Rao was addressing TRS workers hours after the Justice Srikrishna Committee submitted its report on the statehood issue to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram in Delhi.
The TRS president demanded that the Centre grant statehood for Telangana in accordance with the statement made by Chidambaram on December 9, 2009.
"The Centre should stick to its December 9, 2009 statement and create Telangana state irrespective of the (recommendations of) the committee. A separate state is the
democratic aspiration of four crore people of Telangana," the former union minister said.
He warned that it would be the Centre`s mistake if it did not move a Bill for carving out Telangana state in the Budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'