We`ll achieve Telangana state come what may: TRS
Hyderabad: Asserting that "no force on earth" could stop the Telangana movement, Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday said they would rest
only after achieving statehood for the region.
"No force on earth can stop our movement now. This time we will rest only after taking Telangana. There is no question of resting without taking Telangana state," he said.
Rao was addressing TRS workers hours after the Justice Srikrishna Committee submitted its report on the statehood issue to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram in Delhi.
The TRS president demanded that the Centre grant statehood for Telangana in accordance with the statement made by Chidambaram on December 9, 2009.
"The Centre should stick to its December 9, 2009 statement and create Telangana state irrespective of the (recommendations of) the committee. A separate state is the
democratic aspiration of four crore people of Telangana," the former union minister said.
He warned that it would be the Centre`s mistake if it did not move a Bill for carving out Telangana state in the Budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE