Why PM is silent on bifurcation: TDP
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Saturday questioned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s silence on the Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue, and demanded explanation from Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue too.
Recalling the Prime Minister`s statement, made exactly two years ago, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu asked why he was silent now when the Centre was arbitrarily going ahead with the division.
"Telangana is a complicated matter and we are trying to evolve a consensus where all shades of public opinion would agree that what is being done is in interest of each and everyone. We cannot solve the problem of Telangana by agreeing to Telangana...While there is disquiet and unrest in other regions of Andhra Pradesh," the Prime Minister had said on November 16, 2011.
"....We will work to find practical ways and means so that all the stakeholders can agree to accept a solution," the Prime Minister had said.
Referring to this, Chandrababu asked why the Centre was not engaging all the stakeholders in talks now. "Sonia Gandhi also owes an explanation on this," he added.
Hitting back at Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who has sought to hold him primarily responsible for the bifurcation, the former Chief Minister retorted: "Kiran being the CM is the bane for Andhra Pradesh. The Centre does not go ahead with the division process without the Chief Minister`s knowledge.
"If the Centre is indeed carrying out the process without keeping the Chief Minister in the loop, it is nothing but an insult to that chair," Chandrababu remarked.
"Why did Kiran not open his mouth when he was asked to prepare a road map for the bifurcation?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you