Why PM is silent on bifurcation: TDP
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Saturday questioned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s silence on the Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue, and demanded explanation from Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue too.
Recalling the Prime Minister`s statement, made exactly two years ago, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu asked why he was silent now when the Centre was arbitrarily going ahead with the division.
"Telangana is a complicated matter and we are trying to evolve a consensus where all shades of public opinion would agree that what is being done is in interest of each and everyone. We cannot solve the problem of Telangana by agreeing to Telangana...While there is disquiet and unrest in other regions of Andhra Pradesh," the Prime Minister had said on November 16, 2011.
"....We will work to find practical ways and means so that all the stakeholders can agree to accept a solution," the Prime Minister had said.
Referring to this, Chandrababu asked why the Centre was not engaging all the stakeholders in talks now. "Sonia Gandhi also owes an explanation on this," he added.
Hitting back at Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who has sought to hold him primarily responsible for the bifurcation, the former Chief Minister retorted: "Kiran being the CM is the bane for Andhra Pradesh. The Centre does not go ahead with the division process without the Chief Minister`s knowledge.
"If the Centre is indeed carrying out the process without keeping the Chief Minister in the loop, it is nothing but an insult to that chair," Chandrababu remarked.
"Why did Kiran not open his mouth when he was asked to prepare a road map for the bifurcation?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say