`Will consider sentiments of people before Telangana decision`
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Botsa Satyanrayana on Thursday said sentiments of people from various regions of the state will be taken into consideration before arriving at a decision on separate Telanagana state.
"Congress leaders from the state have to abide by the decision of the party high command on the issue", Satyanarayana told reporters here.
Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde had told an all-party meeting held last week in New Delhi that the Centre would decide on Telangana in one month.
Replying to a query on migration of some leaders from the party over formation of the separate state, Satyanarayana said those leaders who have left will return to the party fold in future.
The state unit Congress president earlier visited the venue where regional convention of Congress is scheduled to be held on January 7. Congress MLAs and ministers will be attending the one-day event.
"The objective of the regional convention is to create awareness on welfare and development schemes of the government", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000