`Will consider sentiments of people before Telangana decision`
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Botsa Satyanrayana on Thursday said sentiments of people from various regions of the state will be taken into consideration before arriving at a decision on separate Telanagana state.
"Congress leaders from the state have to abide by the decision of the party high command on the issue", Satyanarayana told reporters here.
Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde had told an all-party meeting held last week in New Delhi that the Centre would decide on Telangana in one month.
Replying to a query on migration of some leaders from the party over formation of the separate state, Satyanarayana said those leaders who have left will return to the party fold in future.
The state unit Congress president earlier visited the venue where regional convention of Congress is scheduled to be held on January 7. Congress MLAs and ministers will be attending the one-day event.
"The objective of the regional convention is to create awareness on welfare and development schemes of the government", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack