‘Will continue to raise Telangana demand in LS’
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress MPs, who were suspended from the Lok Sabha for disrupting the proceedings, on Thursday, said here they would continue to raise their voice till the demand for separate Telangana was met.
The MPs, who returned from the national capital this afternoon, held a sit-in at the Gun Park in front of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
"We said we will not let the house function until the promise of formation of separate Telangana is fulfilled," Congress Lok Sabha member M Jagannath said.
Congress, two days ago, got suspended eight of its members in Lok Sabha for causing disruption over Telangana.
On a motion moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister and party`s Chief Whip, PK Bansal, the House suspended Ponnam Prabhakar, Madhu Yaskhi Goud, M Jagannath, KRG Reddy, G Vivekananda, Balram Naik, Gutha Sukhender Reddy and S Rajaiah, all from the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing