Will lead delegation to Delhi on Telangana issue: Chandrababu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu is looking to take a delegation of party leaders to New Delhi later this week to exert pressure on the Centre to resolve the current crisis in Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana issue.
"Tentatively, we have decided to go to New Delhi on September 20 to meet the President, Prime Minister and opposition leaders for an immediate solution to the crisis in the state.
"It`s atrocious that the Centre has remained indifferent and failed to tackle the issue despite an agitation over it for the past 48 days," Chandrababu said here on Monday.
Addressing a press conference, the TDP chief lashed out at Congress and the Centre for pushing AP into turmoil.
"Congress has raked up the Telangana statehood issue only to cover up its corrupt and inept rule. It`s not only the first, but also the sole culprit in the whole affair. It will realise this during the next elections when it will pay a heavy penalty," he said.
He was also critical of the Centre for its failure to appoint an official committee to sort out issues arising from the proposed bifurcation of the state.
"The Centre appears in no mood to resolve the problem," he alleged.
The former Chief Minister demanded that the Centre immediately hold talks with all concerned across the two regions of coastal Andhra-Rayalaseema and Telangana to find an amicable solution to the crisis.
"You can take credit for that. You need not invite us, but please resolve the issue. If you are incapable of resolving the crisis, then please quit and hold elections. We will certainly win and resolve the issue in around six months to 1 year," Chandrababu said referring to Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA