Will lead delegation to Delhi on Telangana issue: Chandrababu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu is looking to take a delegation of party leaders to New Delhi later this week to exert pressure on the Centre to resolve the current crisis in Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana issue.
"Tentatively, we have decided to go to New Delhi on September 20 to meet the President, Prime Minister and opposition leaders for an immediate solution to the crisis in the state.
"It`s atrocious that the Centre has remained indifferent and failed to tackle the issue despite an agitation over it for the past 48 days," Chandrababu said here on Monday.
Addressing a press conference, the TDP chief lashed out at Congress and the Centre for pushing AP into turmoil.
"Congress has raked up the Telangana statehood issue only to cover up its corrupt and inept rule. It`s not only the first, but also the sole culprit in the whole affair. It will realise this during the next elections when it will pay a heavy penalty," he said.
He was also critical of the Centre for its failure to appoint an official committee to sort out issues arising from the proposed bifurcation of the state.
"The Centre appears in no mood to resolve the problem," he alleged.
The former Chief Minister demanded that the Centre immediately hold talks with all concerned across the two regions of coastal Andhra-Rayalaseema and Telangana to find an amicable solution to the crisis.
"You can take credit for that. You need not invite us, but please resolve the issue. If you are incapable of resolving the crisis, then please quit and hold elections. We will certainly win and resolve the issue in around six months to 1 year," Chandrababu said referring to Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what