Will not allow mining in tribal areas: Minister
Visakhapatnam: The Centre would not give
permission for mining activities in tribal areas in the
country, Union Minister of Tribal Welfare and Panchayat Raj
V Kishore Chandra Suryanarayana Deo said here on Sunday.
Addressing a press conference, he said the tribal lands
cannot be converted into non-tribal activities and as of now,
the government has not given permission for mining in tribal
areas to any company in the country.
The Union Minister said that it is compulsory to conduct
Gram Sabhas to pass any resolution to take up any work in
He also informed that the government is planning to make
it mandatory for villages to conduct gram sabhas on four days
in a year, of which two should be held on October 2 and
January 26 and two other days in the year and these sabhas
should be recorded on video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth