Will not allow mining in tribal areas: Minister
Visakhapatnam: The Centre would not give
permission for mining activities in tribal areas in the
country, Union Minister of Tribal Welfare and Panchayat Raj
V Kishore Chandra Suryanarayana Deo said here on Sunday.
Addressing a press conference, he said the tribal lands
cannot be converted into non-tribal activities and as of now,
the government has not given permission for mining in tribal
areas to any company in the country.
The Union Minister said that it is compulsory to conduct
Gram Sabhas to pass any resolution to take up any work in
He also informed that the government is planning to make
it mandatory for villages to conduct gram sabhas on four days
in a year, of which two should be held on October 2 and
January 26 and two other days in the year and these sabhas
should be recorded on video.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai