Will persuade GoM to reconsider bifurcation of state: Andhra CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday said he would sincerely try to persuade the GoM set up to look into various issues related to Telangana to reconsider the decision to divide the state.
"We have studied in detail various problems department- wise, in case of bifurcation, and presented them to Congress high command over the last one-and-a-half years.
"Be it the problem over sharing of river water, electricity, jobs, farmers` problems, problems of government employees, education for children, private employment in and around Hyderabad, the Information Technology sector...We have explained all these problems in great detail.
"We have clearly sought solutions to these problems," the Chief Minister told government employees agitating against the bifurcation during the talks here today.
A release issued by the Congress Legislature Party tonight quoted the Chief Minister as telling the employees that the GoM was supposed to address all these issues.
"They say the GoM will listen to all our problems. We will sincerely and dedicatedly ask the GoM to reconsider the (Centre`s) decision in view of the current situation," he said.
"I am fully committed to keep the state united. I will fight till the end against the party`s and the Centre`s decision that is detrimental to the interests of Andhra Pradesh," Kiran assured the employees.
He recalled that he, the PCC president, ministers, Congress MLCs and MLAs sent resolutions to the party high command twice explaining the damage the three regions would suffer in the event of bifurcation.
"Our endeavour is to see that the state remains united for
its betterment and will make every effort till the end," Kiran said.
He used the occasion to debunk claims that he pushed the government employees from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema into strike.
"You have overlooked the hardships being faced by your families and joined the people`s movement only to safeguard the future of people of AP. We are all working with the sole aim of keeping the state united and leaving no stone unturned," Kiran added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune