Will persuade GoM to reconsider bifurcation of state: Andhra CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday said he would sincerely try to persuade the GoM set up to look into various issues related to Telangana to reconsider the decision to divide the state.
"We have studied in detail various problems department- wise, in case of bifurcation, and presented them to Congress high command over the last one-and-a-half years.
"Be it the problem over sharing of river water, electricity, jobs, farmers` problems, problems of government employees, education for children, private employment in and around Hyderabad, the Information Technology sector...We have explained all these problems in great detail.
"We have clearly sought solutions to these problems," the Chief Minister told government employees agitating against the bifurcation during the talks here today.
A release issued by the Congress Legislature Party tonight quoted the Chief Minister as telling the employees that the GoM was supposed to address all these issues.
"They say the GoM will listen to all our problems. We will sincerely and dedicatedly ask the GoM to reconsider the (Centre`s) decision in view of the current situation," he said.
"I am fully committed to keep the state united. I will fight till the end against the party`s and the Centre`s decision that is detrimental to the interests of Andhra Pradesh," Kiran assured the employees.
He recalled that he, the PCC president, ministers, Congress MLCs and MLAs sent resolutions to the party high command twice explaining the damage the three regions would suffer in the event of bifurcation.
"Our endeavour is to see that the state remains united for
its betterment and will make every effort till the end," Kiran said.
He used the occasion to debunk claims that he pushed the government employees from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema into strike.
"You have overlooked the hardships being faced by your families and joined the people`s movement only to safeguard the future of people of AP. We are all working with the sole aim of keeping the state united and leaving no stone unturned," Kiran added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL