Will play crucial role in formation of next government at Centre: Chandrababu Naidu
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu said on Monday that his party would play a crucial role in the formation of the next government at the Centre.
He also said that the Congress had no right to rule as the people were angry with the grand old party.
"Congress has no right to rule the nation now. People are angry with them," Chandrababu Naidu said while talking to a news agency.
"We will play a crucial role in the formation of the next government at the Centre," he added.
The Congress lost in the states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi yesterday to the BJP. The BJP got majority in all the three states barring Delhi where there is a fractured mandate. The BJP won 31 seats, the AAP 28 and the Congress 8 in Delhi.
The loss in all the four states has been dubbed as indicative of a strong anti-Congress mood in the nation by experts. Putting up a brave face, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said yesterday that there was need for introspection by her party.
Meanwhile, in a consolation of sort, the Congress got absolute majority in Mizoram, the counting of votes for which was done today. It got 27 seats in the 40 member Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply