Will play crucial role in formation of next government at Centre: Chandrababu Naidu
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu said on Monday that his party would play a crucial role in the formation of the next government at the Centre.
He also said that the Congress had no right to rule as the people were angry with the grand old party.
"Congress has no right to rule the nation now. People are angry with them," Chandrababu Naidu said while talking to a news agency.
"We will play a crucial role in the formation of the next government at the Centre," he added.
The Congress lost in the states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi yesterday to the BJP. The BJP got majority in all the three states barring Delhi where there is a fractured mandate. The BJP won 31 seats, the AAP 28 and the Congress 8 in Delhi.
The loss in all the four states has been dubbed as indicative of a strong anti-Congress mood in the nation by experts. Putting up a brave face, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said yesterday that there was need for introspection by her party.
Meanwhile, in a consolation of sort, the Congress got absolute majority in Mizoram, the counting of votes for which was done today. It got 27 seats in the 40 member Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district