Will stop Jagan`s yatra if he goes to Warangal: JAC
Hyderabad: Congress MP Y S Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s proposed visit to Warangal district in Telangana from
Saturday is facing stiff opposition from those supporting the
separate statehood demand.
The `Odarpu yatra` (consolation tour) to console the
families of those who allegedly committed suicide or suffered
heart attack following his father YSR`s demise in September
last year, is being vehemently opposed by TRS and other
pro-Telangana outfits as Jagan is against the formation of a
They contend that the yatra is an attempt to dilute the
TRS, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) and
students and lawyers in the region warned that they will go to
any extent to stall the Cuddappa MP`s tour.
"We will definitely stop Jagan`s yatra if he goes to
Warangal district," JAC Convener C Kodandaram told reporters.
Interestingly, 11 Congress MPs from Telangana region have
urged the party high command to direct Jagan to drop his plans
in view of the surcharged atmosphere in Telangana, following
which the party high command has advised him against embarking
on the tour.
Meanwhile, top police officials are understood to have
told the Chief Minister K Rosaiah and Home Minister P Sabita
Reddy that the yatra may lead to law and order problems as
the Telangana protagonists are opposed to it.
"The matter is being considered by the high command. It
is a party affair. I can talk about it if it is related to the
government. However, I have directed the police to take all
precautions in an impartial manner," Rosaiah told reporters.
The Chief Minister is understood to have discussed the
issue with the Cabinet colleagues.
"We need not tell you everything," Information Minister
J Geeta Reddy told reporters after the meeting with Rosaiah.
Against the backdrop of these developments, Agriculture
Minister N Raghuveera Reddy and the Home Minister held talks
with Jagan and have reportedly urged him to defer the visit in
view of the surcharged atmosphere.
Though there was no official word from Jagan over the
issue, Congress MLAs close to him said the tour would continue
"The yatra would take place as scheduled," J Adinarayana
Reddy, an MLA said.
Meanwhile, police in Warangal district went into a tizzy
as they found a bomb in the bus station at Mahabubabad where
Jagan was supposed to start his tour for eight days. The bomb
has been diffused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi