Will take Narasimha avatar: KCR warns Congress
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhar Rao has threatened to intensify the movement for a separate Telangana state, accusing the ruling Congress party of betrayal even though he agreed to merge his party with Congress on the issue.
Speaking to reporters late on Thursday, the TRS chief alleged that Congress had once again cheated the people of Telangana on the issue of granting statehood to the region.
KCR, as he is popularly known, also dubbed Congress, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the YSR Congress as traitors of Telangana.
He made these remarks after the conclusion of a two-day brainstorming session of his party at Karimnagar, where it was decided that the TRS will give no concessions to Congress and any other regional outfits on the Telanagan issue in future.
During his press briefing, KCR also admitted that his recent visits to Delhi and the talks with Congress central leadership failed to yield positive results.
KCR further informed that for the fulfilment of long-cherished dream of the people of Telangana, he had agreed to merge the TRS with the Congress if it delivers the Telangana state comprising 10 districts with Hyderabad as its capital.
The TRS chif said that he had gone to Delhi at the invitation of the Congress. "The Congress party has once again cheated people of Telangana and I will tell this to people in every village," said KCR, who earlier announced he will start visiting villages in the region from November 30,” he was quoted as saying.
"I was silent all these days as part of a strategy. Today, I have broken the silence. From tomorrow you will see Narasimha avatar of KCR," he said.
KCR alleged that he will ensure that Congress, which betrayed Telangana several times, the TDP and the YSR Congress is "buried" in the region.
The TRS has decided to hold a massive public meeting at Suryapet in Nalgonda district November 23. He said there would be protests across the state December 9 to mark the third anniversary of the centre`s announcement to initiate the process for formation of the Telangana state.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!