Woman attempts suicide by jumping into lake with kids in AP
Hyderabad: Two kids drowned, while their mother was rescued from the Hussain Sagar lake here after she allegedly attempted "suicide" unable to bear the alleged harassment meted out by her husband and mother-in-law, the police said on Tuesday.
Swati Agarwal, married to one Vijay Agarwal, a software engineer from Chilkalguda area here in 2006 and was blessed with a girl and a boy, the police said.
However, she accused her husband and mother-in-law of harassing her over petty issues for the past two years. She decided to end her life after she felt hurt after her husband recently "insulted" her in front of family members, a police officer said, based on preliminary investigations.
"She left her house yesterday morning along with her two children under the pretext of bringing medicines and went towards Necklace Road. At around 11 pm last night, she jumped into the Hussain Sagar lake along with her children who also got drowned, though Lake Police personnel managed to rescue the woman," the police officer said.
Chilkalguda police took the woman into custody after booking a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code. Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day