Woman commits suicide after being harassed for dowry
Kakinada: A woman committed suicide by hanging herself after being allegedly harassed for dowry by her husband and in-laws, police said.
Yadala Kumary (22), who got married to Kondababu (26) about eight months back, hanged herself at home in Buchaiahpet village of Thondangi mandal on Saturday.
Her parents alleged their daughter was driven to take the extreme step as she was harassed and humiliated for dowry by her husband and in-laws.
The woman`s husband, who works in a hatchery, is absconding, police said.
The body was sent for postmortem while further investigation was on, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?