Woman commits suicide after being harassed for dowry
Kakinada: A woman committed suicide by hanging herself after being allegedly harassed for dowry by her husband and in-laws, police said.
Yadala Kumary (22), who got married to Kondababu (26) about eight months back, hanged herself at home in Buchaiahpet village of Thondangi mandal on Saturday.
Her parents alleged their daughter was driven to take the extreme step as she was harassed and humiliated for dowry by her husband and in-laws.
The woman`s husband, who works in a hatchery, is absconding, police said.
The body was sent for postmortem while further investigation was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet