Woman commits suicide after being harassed for dowry
Kakinada: A woman committed suicide by hanging herself after being allegedly harassed for dowry by her husband and in-laws, police said.
Yadala Kumary (22), who got married to Kondababu (26) about eight months back, hanged herself at home in Buchaiahpet village of Thondangi mandal on Saturday.
Her parents alleged their daughter was driven to take the extreme step as she was harassed and humiliated for dowry by her husband and in-laws.
The woman`s husband, who works in a hatchery, is absconding, police said.
The body was sent for postmortem while further investigation was on, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India