Woman commits suicide after being harassed for dowry
Kakinada: A woman committed suicide by hanging herself after being allegedly harassed for dowry by her husband and in-laws, police said.
Yadala Kumary (22), who got married to Kondababu (26) about eight months back, hanged herself at home in Buchaiahpet village of Thondangi mandal on Saturday.
Her parents alleged their daughter was driven to take the extreme step as she was harassed and humiliated for dowry by her husband and in-laws.
The woman`s husband, who works in a hatchery, is absconding, police said.
The body was sent for postmortem while further investigation was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL