Woman gang-raped at bus stand in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, at Kothkota bus stand in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The incident occurred at the bus stand at around 1 am when the woman was apparently waiting for a bus, Mahabubnagar SP D Nagendra Kumar said over phone.
He said constable Seenu and home guard Nagendran were apprehended along with two private employees identified as Ramesh and Rakesh based on information.
The victim was sent to a local hospital for medical examination and the four accused were booked under relevant provisions of recently-enacted Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill-2013 and section 376 (B) of Indian Penal Code, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how Arvind Kejriwal reacted after Navjot Singh Sidhu revealed why he quit Rajya Sabha
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO
- Suicide bomber kills 10 north of Baghdad: Officials
- Atrocities against Dalits: TMC walks out of Rajya Sabha demanding statement from PM Modi
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims