Woman gang-raped at bus stand in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, at Kothkota bus stand in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The incident occurred at the bus stand at around 1 am when the woman was apparently waiting for a bus, Mahabubnagar SP D Nagendra Kumar said over phone.
He said constable Seenu and home guard Nagendran were apprehended along with two private employees identified as Ramesh and Rakesh based on information.
The victim was sent to a local hospital for medical examination and the four accused were booked under relevant provisions of recently-enacted Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill-2013 and section 376 (B) of Indian Penal Code, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees