Woman gang-raped at bus stand in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, at Kothkota bus stand in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Four persons, including a police constable and a home guard, have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The incident occurred at the bus stand at around 1 am when the woman was apparently waiting for a bus, Mahabubnagar SP D Nagendra Kumar said over phone.
He said constable Seenu and home guard Nagendran were apprehended along with two private employees identified as Ramesh and Rakesh based on information.
The victim was sent to a local hospital for medical examination and the four accused were booked under relevant provisions of recently-enacted Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill-2013 and section 376 (B) of Indian Penal Code, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K