Woman gang-raped at bus stand in AP; four held
Hyderabad: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including a police constable and a homeguard, at Kothkota bus stand in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours today, police said.
Four persons, including a police constable and a homeguard, have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The incident occurred at the bus stand at around 1 AM when the woman was apparently waiting for a bus, Mahabubnagar SP D Nagendra Kumar said over phone.
He said constable Seenu and homeguard Nagendran were apprehended along with two private employees identified as Ramesh and Rakesh based on information.
The victim was sent to a local hospital for medical examination and the four accused were booked under relevant provisions of recently-enacted Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill-2013 and section 376 (B) of Indian Penal Code, the SP said.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today