Woman gang-raped at bus stand in AP; four held
Hyderabad: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including a police constable and a homeguard, at Kothkota bus stand in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours today, police said.
Four persons, including a police constable and a homeguard, have been arrested in this connection, they said.
The incident occurred at the bus stand at around 1 AM when the woman was apparently waiting for a bus, Mahabubnagar SP D Nagendra Kumar said over phone.
He said constable Seenu and homeguard Nagendran were apprehended along with two private employees identified as Ramesh and Rakesh based on information.
The victim was sent to a local hospital for medical examination and the four accused were booked under relevant provisions of recently-enacted Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill-2013 and section 376 (B) of Indian Penal Code, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31