Woman gang-raped in Vijaywada railway yard
Vijayawada: A 27-year-old woman passenger was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Vijayawada Railway yard here, the GRP said on Tuesday.
The incident took place late last night when the victim was on her way from Tirupati to Rajahmundry to reach her native place in East Godavari district, they said.
The woman alighted from the train in the early hours and instead of boarding a train towards Rajahmundry, she entered a train meant for the railway yard by mistake.
As she got down from the train at the yard, she was sexually assaulted.
A case was filed against four persons under Section 376 (D) of Nirbhaya Act following her complaint, said Vinay Kumar, Inspector of Police, Government Railway Police, Vijayawada.
The victim has been admitted to a government hospital, police said.
So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price