Woman gang-raped in Vijaywada railway yard
Vijayawada: A 27-year-old woman passenger was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Vijayawada Railway yard here, the GRP said on Tuesday.
The incident took place late last night when the victim was on her way from Tirupati to Rajahmundry to reach her native place in East Godavari district, they said.
The woman alighted from the train in the early hours and instead of boarding a train towards Rajahmundry, she entered a train meant for the railway yard by mistake.
As she got down from the train at the yard, she was sexually assaulted.
A case was filed against four persons under Section 376 (D) of Nirbhaya Act following her complaint, said Vinay Kumar, Inspector of Police, Government Railway Police, Vijayawada.
The victim has been admitted to a government hospital, police said.
So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!