Woman, minor girl charred to death at cracker unit
Visakhapatnam: A woman and a minor girl were charred to death and three others received serious burn injuries when a fire broke out at a small fire-cracker manufacturing unit in Mallunaidupalem village near here on Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place at the licensed cracker unit located on the outskirts of the village under Sabbavaram mandal of the district.
Police suspect that due to severe heat the crackers might have caught fire.
The victims identified as Simhachalam (35) and Bhavani (16) were charred to death on the spot, while two other women and a man received severe burn injuries and were admitted to the Government King George Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...