Woman, minor girl charred to death at cracker unit
Visakhapatnam: A woman and a minor girl were charred to death and three others received serious burn injuries when a fire broke out at a small fire-cracker manufacturing unit in Mallunaidupalem village near here on Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place at the licensed cracker unit located on the outskirts of the village under Sabbavaram mandal of the district.
Police suspect that due to severe heat the crackers might have caught fire.
The victims identified as Simhachalam (35) and Bhavani (16) were charred to death on the spot, while two other women and a man received severe burn injuries and were admitted to the Government King George Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice