Woman, minor girl charred to death at cracker unit
Visakhapatnam: A woman and a minor girl were charred to death and three others received serious burn injuries when a fire broke out at a small fire-cracker manufacturing unit in Mallunaidupalem village near here on Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place at the licensed cracker unit located on the outskirts of the village under Sabbavaram mandal of the district.
Police suspect that due to severe heat the crackers might have caught fire.
The victims identified as Simhachalam (35) and Bhavani (16) were charred to death on the spot, while two other women and a man received severe burn injuries and were admitted to the Government King George Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog