Woman, minor girl charred to death at cracker unit
Visakhapatnam: A woman and a minor girl were charred to death and three others received serious burn injuries when a fire broke out at a small fire-cracker manufacturing unit in Mallunaidupalem village near here on Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place at the licensed cracker unit located on the outskirts of the village under Sabbavaram mandal of the district.
Police suspect that due to severe heat the crackers might have caught fire.
The victims identified as Simhachalam (35) and Bhavani (16) were charred to death on the spot, while two other women and a man received severe burn injuries and were admitted to the Government King George Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted