Woman, minor girl charred to death at cracker unit
Visakhapatnam: A woman and a minor girl were charred to death and three others received serious burn injuries when a fire broke out at a small fire-cracker manufacturing unit in Mallunaidupalem village near here on Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place at the licensed cracker unit located on the outskirts of the village under Sabbavaram mandal of the district.
Police suspect that due to severe heat the crackers might have caught fire.
The victims identified as Simhachalam (35) and Bhavani (16) were charred to death on the spot, while two other women and a man received severe burn injuries and were admitted to the Government King George Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey