Woman raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a person in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the woman was on the way to Vemulakurthi village under Ibrahimpatnam police limits, after collecting firewood from nearby forest.
The accused, identified as A Gangaram (50) fled from the spot soon after committing the crime.
The victim has been admitted to Government Hospital at Metpally Mandal head quarters and a case has been registered following a complaint by her son, police said.
Searches are on to nab the absconding accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees