Woman raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a person in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the woman was on the way to Vemulakurthi village under Ibrahimpatnam police limits, after collecting firewood from nearby forest.
The accused, identified as A Gangaram (50) fled from the spot soon after committing the crime.
The victim has been admitted to Government Hospital at Metpally Mandal head quarters and a case has been registered following a complaint by her son, police said.
Searches are on to nab the absconding accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown