Woman raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a person in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the woman was on the way to Vemulakurthi village under Ibrahimpatnam police limits, after collecting firewood from nearby forest.
The accused, identified as A Gangaram (50) fled from the spot soon after committing the crime.
The victim has been admitted to Government Hospital at Metpally Mandal head quarters and a case has been registered following a complaint by her son, police said.
Searches are on to nab the absconding accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31