Woman raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a person in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the woman was on the way to Vemulakurthi village under Ibrahimpatnam police limits, after collecting firewood from nearby forest.
The accused, identified as A Gangaram (50) fled from the spot soon after committing the crime.
The victim has been admitted to Government Hospital at Metpally Mandal head quarters and a case has been registered following a complaint by her son, police said.
Searches are on to nab the absconding accused, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list