Woman raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a person in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the woman was on the way to Vemulakurthi village under Ibrahimpatnam police limits, after collecting firewood from nearby forest.
The accused, identified as A Gangaram (50) fled from the spot soon after committing the crime.
The victim has been admitted to Government Hospital at Metpally Mandal head quarters and a case has been registered following a complaint by her son, police said.
Searches are on to nab the absconding accused, they added.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory