Woman set ablaze by four men for resisting rape in AP
Hyderabad: A 23-year-old woman suffered burn injuries after four men allegedly set her on fire when she resisted their rape attempt in the Chilkalguda area here on Wednesday, the police said.
The accused, called the woman on her mobile phone and asked her to come to a particular place.
After she reached the place, they allegedly attempted to rape her.
When she resisted, the four accused allegedly poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze, a police officer said, based on the statement given by the woman.
"We have recorded her statement and launched a hunt to nab the accused," the police officer said, adding that further investigations are on.
The woman is being treated at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town