Woman set ablaze by four men for resisting rape in AP
Hyderabad: A 23-year-old woman suffered burn injuries after four men allegedly set her on fire when she resisted their rape attempt in the Chilkalguda area here on Wednesday, the police said.
The accused, called the woman on her mobile phone and asked her to come to a particular place.
After she reached the place, they allegedly attempted to rape her.
When she resisted, the four accused allegedly poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze, a police officer said, based on the statement given by the woman.
"We have recorded her statement and launched a hunt to nab the accused," the police officer said, adding that further investigations are on.
The woman is being treated at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog