Woman set ablaze for resisting rape attempt dies in AP
Hyderabad: A woman, who was set ablaze by four men after she resisted rape attempt here three days ago, died at a hospital, police said.
The 25-year-old, who had suffered 90 percent burns, died early Saturday at the government-run Gandhi Hospital.
The incident had taken place at railway quarters at Chilkalguda in Secunderabad, the twin city of Hyderabad.
The woman, who was staying with her mother and grandmother in the house, was called out by four men known to her. She was later found engulfed in flames by the local residents, who doused the fire and shifted her to hospital.
The victim told police in her statement the same day that four men tried to sexually assault her and when she resisted they doused her with kerosene and set ablaze.
A police officer said the victim, in her statement, named the accused and the police were on the lookout for them. A case of murder and attempt to rape was registered.
BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya visited the hospital and consoled the family members of the victim. He demanded stringent punishment for the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan