Woman stenographer throws footwear at judge
Hyderabad: Enraged over mistakes pointed
out by a judge while taking down notes, a woman stenographer
threw her slippers at him in a court room in Kurnool today,
Radha Rani hurled her slippers on the judge in the
additional district family court while the proceedings were
on, Kurnool Superintendent of Police Ch Srikant said.
"The judge reportedly passed some comments that Radha
Rani was repeatedly making mistakes while taking down
dictation. Enraged over this, she threw her chappals
(slippers) on him," he said.
Based on a complaint, a case has been registered against
Radha under IPC sections including 353 (assault or criminal
force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty),
Radha was placed under suspension pending investigation.
She has not yet been arrested as she was hospitalised, police
After the incident, Radha told reporters on the court
premises that she was allegedly being harassed by the judge
for past six months.
Meanwhile, Kurnool Bar Association has condemned the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore