Woman who was set ablaze for resisting rape succumbs to burns
Hyderabad: The 23-year-old woman, who suffered burn injuries after four men allegedly set her on fire when she resisted their rape attempt, today died, police said.
The victim had suffered 90 per cent burns and died while undergoing treatment, they said. According to police, the victim, a resident of railway quarters in Chilkalguda here, had discontinued studies after class IV and stayed with her mother and grandmother in the house.
The accused had called the victim on her mobile phone and asked her to come to a particular place on January 29 with malafide intention.
When she reached the spot, they allegedly attempted to rape her. When she resisted, the four accused allegedly poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze, a police officer said, based on the statement given by the woman.
All the four accused were taken in to custody and investigation is going on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16