Woman who was set ablaze for resisting rape succumbs to burns
Hyderabad: The 23-year-old woman, who suffered burn injuries after four men allegedly set her on fire when she resisted their rape attempt, today died, police said.
The victim had suffered 90 per cent burns and died while undergoing treatment, they said. According to police, the victim, a resident of railway quarters in Chilkalguda here, had discontinued studies after class IV and stayed with her mother and grandmother in the house.
The accused had called the victim on her mobile phone and asked her to come to a particular place on January 29 with malafide intention.
When she reached the spot, they allegedly attempted to rape her. When she resisted, the four accused allegedly poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze, a police officer said, based on the statement given by the woman.
All the four accused were taken in to custody and investigation is going on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace
- Assam flood toll 12, CM makes statement in House
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits