Women workers killed after coal-tar from lorry falls on them
Namakkal: Two women kiln workers were charred to death after coaltar and stone mixture from a tipper lorry fell on them near Sankari in the district, police said.
The two were on their way to a temple on a moped when the lorry coming behind hit the median while trying to overtake it and fell on its side, spilling the hot coal tar and mixture on them.
They sustained serious burn injuries and were admitted to the Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College hospital, where they died
The lorry driver fled the spot after the accident, police said, adding a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries