Women workers killed after coal-tar from lorry falls on them
Namakkal: Two women kiln workers were charred to death after coaltar and stone mixture from a tipper lorry fell on them near Sankari in the district, police said.
The two were on their way to a temple on a moped when the lorry coming behind hit the median while trying to overtake it and fell on its side, spilling the hot coal tar and mixture on them.
They sustained serious burn injuries and were admitted to the Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College hospital, where they died
The lorry driver fled the spot after the accident, police said, adding a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today