Women workers killed after coal-tar from lorry falls on them
Namakkal: Two women kiln workers were charred to death after coaltar and stone mixture from a tipper lorry fell on them near Sankari in the district, police said.
The two were on their way to a temple on a moped when the lorry coming behind hit the median while trying to overtake it and fell on its side, spilling the hot coal tar and mixture on them.
They sustained serious burn injuries and were admitted to the Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College hospital, where they died
The lorry driver fled the spot after the accident, police said, adding a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi